Pages

Let the Madness Begin


It's that time of year again when I begin to care about whether schools I have never heard of have basketball teams that can beat the basketball teams of schools I have vaguely heard of. I love a Cinderella, and almost every March Madness tournament has at least one.


But more than that, I love my Spartans. In my mind I know they probably won't go deep in the tournament this year, given some shaky play against big schools and at least one suspension in the starting five. But in my heart, they're already in the Final Four. How about you? Who's your team in this year's field?

btemplates

2 comments:

Brian said...

There is just something about the alma mater that transcends your normal disposition towards one sport or another. I think this is particularly true if the college town also happens to be your hometown. I generally don't have much regard for basketball. However, with the Mountaineers coming off of a first ever Best East Championship win, I probably won't miss a game. Most years I don't watch any.

Kyle Bushre said...

You have to love your alma mater, I agree. I'd root on the Spartans at a curling match. The Mountaineers are tough this year. They could go a long way.

Post a Comment