Pages

Carb Loading: 4 Days to 26.2 Miles

So this has to be the best/worst week of marathon training. It's like one of those old "Got Milk" commercials. Allow me to explain.

This week I train like a sumo wrestler: I'm supposed to eat carbohydrate rich foods like bread, fruit, pasta, and other stuff that would make Dr. Atkins cringe. I also don't have to run very much. The idea is to fill my muscles with glucose so that I have the energy I need for the race. I'm like a squirrel preparing for winter.

But the problem is that I don't really want to eat. I'm too nervous, so nothing sounds very good. So while I would normally enjoy eating, especially during a week when I can write it off as part of my "athletic lifestyle," I'm not in the mood for anything. So much to eat, but I can't enjoy it. Got milk?

btemplates

2 comments:

Bekah said...

I just wait until afterwards. Then, you can say you burnt a whole extra day's worth of calories anyway. And that is when I find I am actually hungry. I don't recommend the carb loading thing anyway...not that I am an expert or anything. ;) Oh the craziness of the last week before the big day. My stomach has never been more nervous than before my first marathon - and nothing feels like finishing, either. Praying for safety for you and a wonderful race!

Kyle Bushre said...

Thanks Bekah. It's nice to know these nerves are normal.

Post a Comment