Pages

The Bad News Part 5: Sharing the Whole Gospel with Humility and Love

Here's the last thing I want to share on the topic of the role of sin in evangelism, at least for this little series: If you can't share the consequences of sin and the life-changing news of the Savior with humility and love, please don't share them at all. At least, don't share them until you fully understand and embrace the love and humility of Jesus.

I can't think of a more humbling doctrine than the truth of pervasive, human-shattering sin. Can it really be that all the evil of the war in Afghanistan, the horrible human trafficking in South East Asia, the genocide in Africa, the drug-related gangland killings of South and Central America, and the continuing violence in North American cities is a product of the same evil that makes me struggle to keep my eyes pure, my pride checked, and my money from becoming my idol?

I don't live the life of a drug addict, but I've worked with them. Recovering addicts have been my friends in the past. And perhaps one of the most profound lessons I have learned from those relationships is that those men and I are the same. I could share Jesus with them because they knew I was just as sinful and in need of a Savior as they were.

When you share the problem of sin and the solution of Jesus, please do so as one of the sinners. We weren't saved because we're better than anyone else. We were saved by grace through faith in Jesus. That faith is a gift we did not earn and do not deserve. There is no reason for any sense of pride on our part. The only thing we can boast about is the greatness of Jesus, and when that's our perspective we are sure to share in humility and love.

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment