Pages

A Quiet Week of Preparation


Perhaps you didn't know this, but this is the slowest week of the year in a pastor's schedule. Christmas is over, so there is no more special service prep. The congregation is in holiday mode, so no one is scheduling appointments. And most of the staff is using up they're use-it-or-lose-it vacation time, so collaboration is at a minimum. So, in an effort to redeem the time well, I am in full preperation mode. Now is the time to read good books, outline upcoming meetings, write classroom curriculum, and pray for vision.


What is the week between Christmas and New Years Day like for you. Do things slow down? How do you redeem the time?

btemplates

2 comments:

Jayce said...

You can go read that book I gave you! I know it's in your to do list. =]

As for myself, I suppose I travel.

Kyle Bushre said...

Yeah, it's on my desk. Right now I'm reading Iain Murray's Revival and Revivalism. It's one of the most eye-opening books I've read in a while. I'll probably talk about it when I'm done.

Post a Comment