Pages

Meeting a Baseball Hero


This weekend I get to do something I never saw coming: I get to share the Gospel at an event following a speech from one of my favorite childhood baseball heroes, Tom Brookens. Tom played third base for the Detroit Tigers throughout the 80's. He was a household favorite at the hot corner. With his trademark mustache and fierce competitive play in the field, Tom is a fond part of my childhood memories. And this weekend, if the Lord will just curb the impending blizzard, I'll get to both meet him and speak after him. In addition to the insider's perspective on the Tigers, particularly their 1984 World Series Championship season, I look forward to asking him about his faith in Jesus. This is going to be a great weekend.

btemplates

0 comments:

Post a Comment