Pages

Being Led by the Spirit into All Truth

Check out Kevin DeYoung's article on the work of the Holy Spirit here. Note especially his very sober look at what it means to be led by the Spirit into all truth. Certain people I have encountered within the Church, particularly people I have counseled, have excused their disobedient behavior or poor theological stands by calling for spiritual revelation apart from Scripture. The idea is that the Holy Spirit will provide fresh revelation from God that will address their particular circumstance as opposed to simply pointing to the truth already revealed in Scripture that speaks to the issue. This is usually just an excuse; a way of getting around the Bible. As DeYoung makes clear, that's not what being led by the Spirit is about at all.

btemplates

2 comments:

Bekii :o) said...

Hi there, Kyle.
I'm Bekii Kisamore, Mark Vincenti's little sister here in Chile.
I had a nice visit with my parents and had the opportunity to read the vision statement and goals you have for the Mission Commission, and i really thought it was right on. Blessings as you work for God's glory alongside of God Himself.

Kyle Bushre said...

Hi Bekii,

Great to hear from you. It was a joy to hear from your Mom about how you and Travis are doing there in the field. We are glad to partner with you. She was telling me a bit about your work and the spiritual climate of your area. Sounds like an area that could use a lot more planting and watering. I'm glad you're there.

I'm excited to be in this new position. And working with Mark has been fun. He and I have a lot in common.

Thanks for commenting on the blog here. Any time you want to engage the topics, please do!

Post a Comment