Pages

Not Meeting a Baseball Hero


Well, that was disappointing! Just disregard everything I said in the last post. Nothing will kill a golden opportunity quite like 2 feet of snow in 24 hours. I am now the proud owner of a sermon that can only be used specifically if ever I have the opportunity to preach following a speech by Tom Brookens. I'm sure that will come up again. That happens all the time, right? Tom, if you're reading this, I have the perfect sermon to follow up anything you have to say, anywhere, anytime. Just let me know.


Seriously, though, I have no doubt that God is sovereign and knows what he's doing. He has both a plan and a purpose for the plan. I learned a long time ago that the work to create sermons is worth it even if it only teaches me something. While I admit it's disappointing not to share with others (and meet Tom Brookens), I also have to admit that the study of God's Word in preparation changed my heart, dashed some idols, and caused me to become more like Jesus.


Soli Deo Gloria

btemplates

2 comments:

Burly said...

It was God's judgment for posting a Fleer card rather than Topps. Seriously, though, that's disappointing.

Kyle Bushre said...

You're right. Obviously God endorses Topps. How did I miss this?

Post a Comment